Wednesday, November 6, 2019

November marks four months of living here in Belem.  We have moved to a safer apartment not far from our old one.  We haven't missed the dogs, or the night time barking.  Now we listen to very loud frogs, which I like.  Reed is jogging with two people from the job site once a week.  They are both about 30 years younger than him, so he gets a good work out.

We went driving last Saturday, and stopped by the river in downtown Belem.  They had a sign that says, " I (heart) Belem.  It was a beautiful day and a beautiful sign.





Another thing we saw was a statute much like the Statute of Liberty in New York Harbor.  This one is not nearly as big, but it was fun to see it.






We saw a lot of birds,  but this heron was a surprise.  I was taking pictures of boats, and when I enlarged the photo, there was the heron, just sitting there.







The last thing  from our drive that I am including is this burned out wreck of a bus.  It looked like it had been there for a while, just sitting on the side of the street.  I thought when I saw it that it was like a warning for our lives; stay active, stay useful, or maybe we will be sitting on the side of the road like the poor abandoned bus.







The last photo is of our worker birthday party.  Once a month, we have a birthday party for all workers who have birthdays during that month.  Since it was on Halloween, Reed bought a Happy Halloween cake.  Nobody spoke English, so nobody noticed.  I made the cupcakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment